How To Get To Bristol County
From New York, Connecticut, R.I.:
- 195 East to Fall River & New Bedford
- 95 North to Attleboro
- 195 East to 24 North to Taunton
- 95 to 24 South to I 195 to Fall River & New Bedford
- 95 to 24 South of 495 North to Taunton
- 95 South to Attleboro
- American Eagle Motorcoach, Inc.
- (1-800-453-5040) offers service to and from Boston with connections to Taunton.
- Bonanza Bus Lines (1-800-556-3815) offers service from New York and Providence.
MBTA Commuter Rail Service
(1-800-392-6100) is available from Boston to Attleboro with several daily stops at two Attleboro stations. Plans are underway to increase commuter rail service from Boston to Taunton, Fall River and New Bedford.
New Bedford Regional Airport
(508-991-6160) is served by Cape Air, Flying to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. The Island Shuttle offers seaplane service to Cutty-hunk and other islands. Plans are underway to increase service to and from New Bedford Regional Airport.
Cape Island Express Lines, Inc
(508-997-1688) The 450 passenger ferry Schamonchi departs Billy Woods Wharf in New Bedford for Vineyard Haven, Martha's Vineyard, several times daily from mid-May through mid-October.Cuttyhunk Boat Lines, Inc
(508-992-1432) The Alert II departs Pier III in New Bedford for Cuttyhunk daily mid-June to mid-September, Tuesday, Friday and weekends in the spring and fall. Reservations suggested on summer. If you are using Uber or taxi, look for local discounts. Current Promo Codes 2016 can give you up to 50% on transportation. Also mobile apps are pretty good for finding discounts fast.